1. Dispatch of Business Proposes the agenda for its house and determines the calendar of the day, proposes special orders of business, and schedules elections. (Each house has its own committee.)
2. Certification of Minutes Reviews the minutes of the previous legislative day, corrects the minutes and reports on their completion to the house. (Each house has its own committee.)
3. Rules of Order Reviews and proposes revisions to the rules that govern each house. (Each house has its own committee. They meet as cognate committees to review and propose Joint Rules of Order that govern both houses.)
4. Constitution & Canons Receives and proposes resolutions that propose amendments to the Constitution or Canons.
5. Governance & Structure Receives and proposes resolutions that address the governance and structure of this Church including General Convention, Executive Council, and the Anglican Communion.
6. World Mission Receives and proposes resolutions on mission personnel, world mission strategy, and covenant relationships with other Anglican Provinces or bodies.
7. Social Justice & International Policy Receives and proposes resolutions on social justice issues in The Episcopal Church’s extra-US dioceses and the international peace and justice work of this Church, including engagement with the Anglican Communion.
8. Social Justice & United States Policy Receives and proposes resolutions on social justice issues facing the United States, including its international engagement.
9. Congregational Vitality Receives and proposes resolutions on the health, development, and redevelopment of congregations and faith communities including church planting, college and university communities, and new and non-traditional contexts.
10. Evangelism & Communications Receives and proposes resolutions on evangelism within this Church’s jurisdictions; receives and proposes resolutions on communication strategies and technologies to strengthen the Church’s communication of the Gospel and opportunities for information management and exchange within the Church.
11. Prayer Book, Liturgy & Music Receives and proposes resolutions on the Book of Common Prayer, liturgy, and music of this Church.
12. Formation & Education for Ministry Receives and proposes resolutions on Christian formation and education for all the baptized, and all matters related to ordained ministry.
13. Church Pension Fund Receives and proposes resolutions on the purpose, scope, structure, and work of the Church Pension Fund including, but not limited to, pensions, disability, health insurance, other insurance and products for lay and ordained employees of the Church, insurance for Church institutions, and publishing.
14. Stewardship & Development Receives and proposes resolutions on stewardship, stewardship education, development, and planned giving.
15. Ecumenical & Interreligious Relations Receives and proposes resolutions on relations between this Church and other Churches, this Church and other religions, interchurch cooperation and unity, and interreligious dialogue and action.
16. Environmental Stewardship & Care of Creation Receives and proposes resolutions on environmental stewardship and the care of creation.
17. Privilege & Courtesy Receives and proposes resolutions that commend individuals or organizations and proposes resolutions that express the houses’ appreciation for groups or persons. (Each house has its own committee.)
18. Credentials Registers deputies and reports on the number of voting members in the House of Deputies at each session and acts as tellers for elections. (House of Deputies only.)
19. Confirmation of the Presiding Bishop Receives the report from the House of Bishops regarding the election of a Presiding Bishop, and recommends action regarding confirmation. (House of Deputies only.)
20. Special Legislative Committee on Marriage Receives the Report of the A050 Task Force on the Study of Marriage; receives and proposes resolutions related to marriage.