At the 78th General Convention, the House of Deputies will elect:
- President of the House of Deputies: 1 clerical or lay deputy for a 3-year term
- Vice-President of the House of Deputies: 1 clerical or lay deputy of the opposite order of the president for a 3-year term
- Secretary of the House of Deputies*: 3-year term elected by the House of Deputies; upon confirmation by the House of Bishops, becomes the Secretary of General Convention
- Treasurer of the General Convention*: 3-year term elected by concurrent action of both Houses
- Executive Council*: 2 priests or deacons and 6 lay persons for 6-year terms
- Disciplinary Board for Bishops*: 2 priests or deacons and 2 lay persons for 6-year terms
- Trustees of the Church Pension Fund*: 12 trustees for 6-year terms
- Board of Trustees of the General Theological Seminary*: 2 priests or deacons and 2 lay persons for 6-year terms
- Joint Nominating Committee for the Election of a Presiding Bishop†: 1 clerical deputy and 1 lay deputy from each Province for 3-year terms
*candidates presented by the Joint Committee on Nominations; view the list
†two candidates in each order elected by provincial caucuses on Sunday, June 28; House of Deputies elects one from each order.
At this convention, it will be possible to nominate candidates from the floor for any position elected by the House of Deputies execpt the Joint Nominating Committee for the Election of a Presiding Bishop, for which provincial caucuses nominate two people in each order and the House of Deputies elects one in each order.
In order to expedite the nominations process and to ensure that nominee information is included in the virtual binder, the Secretary of the House of Deputies, the Rev. Canon Michael L. Barlowe, will receive advance notice of nominations from the floor from now until the time of nominations during the legislative session on June 26.
Please email the secretary:
- In 150 words or less, share your competencies and skills that are relevant to serving in this position, and indicate how you hope to use these gifts if elected to this body. Please use first person narrative language.
- A photograph, preferably a head shot (passport style), ideally 2.5×3 inches, at a resolution of 300 ppi (or approximately 500K).
This is the same information requested by the Joint Standing Committee on Nominations for the candidates they nominated. This information will be uploaded to the virtual binder upon receipt and will be available to view on the General Convention website.